...timdevries...

snapshots of life

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Frantic is the one word that sums up everything at the moment. SOO much happening, my head feels like it's about to fall off.
Well, last weekend I was in Christchurch for the fourth time in 6 months (with a trip to oz in those 6 months too, its been some expensive travel for the poor student). But it was worth it! My friends Matt and Christiana finally tied the knot (after a solid 5 years of courtship (for lack of use of a better word)). YAY. Don't they look hot? It was a fantastic time of catching up from the Roskill crew that had moved on to other parts of the country, and there we were, all together again in Rangiora. woop woop.
Today was day two of the three day preaching block course at Carey. My oh my, talk about brain implosions. I'm lapping up Paul Windsor's preaching techniques, and really, I'm quite excited to put this into practice in church in the next couple of months. I'm quite keen on giving the narrative approach a go. Except we haven't done that in class yet, so I'm yet to find out the details of preparing an effective narrative sermon. Oh well. Tomorrow, another 10 hours of it. Bless.
AND Ignite starts again this Sunday. I'm quite excited. It's the first week back after E-Camp, and hopefully the kids will be buzzing. 2 weeks has gone incredibly quick, and their school holidays are already over. Gutted for them.

For my final paper at Carey, I've set myself up with the goal of posting once a week about Ignite and leadership within the intermediates group. I'm keen just think aloud on here, and get those of you who read this (is that my echo I hear?) and who care bout leadership thingee stuff to comment. Hopefully just share insights and thought. Kapeesh? It will really help me out!

Right, I'm still alive. I'm off to Noise concert on Saturday night. I understand Brooke Fraser especially asked me to come along, so I'm obliging. I don't mind really.

Hope you are all having the bestest week. Winter is fast approaching, I'm finding it hard to conceed that I may need to wear socks more often to keep the feet toasty. Thought tonight is pretty warm.

This rambling shows I'm in dire need of sleep. So that is where I go now.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home