...timdevries...

snapshots of life

Monday, July 31, 2006

as it's the last day in august - i thought i may as well capitalise on the last day in july 2006, as it will never come around again. i want it to be remembered for the blog.

I've been working for two weeks and one day. and it was quite discouraging hearing on ZM this morning just before heading off to work that call centre work has indeed be proclaimed the most boring job in the world. "who are they to say that?" I thought... "they're just djs."

"and I'm working..."

so there.

my job isn't too bad. I work for World Vision in customer services. currently i'm in training, and only deal with outbound calls as not to be overwhelmed when someone calls in asking the randomest question. however, i think that would add a bit of spice to the job. i'd love to tell someone something and actually not have any idea what it is. but it's world vision, so i have to take it a bit seriously.

however, that is not important. it's a job. i'm earning a bit of money. yes.

still working on my final assessment at carey. involves sitting at home for another month after work writing about the foo fighters and the everlasting battle between domination and resistance in the world. if you would like to listen to "best of you" for the current foo album "in your honor" [sic]... and contribute to the comment page about what you think (that's why I've hired you rhett...) that would be appreciated.

further still, I would like to introduce those that still read this pitiful excuse of a blog to Sonya...

We had the privilege of meeting at Matt and Cris Barkers wedding back in April. After a long, drawn out start (as in... there was a wee break between first contact then re-contact, now theres never no contact... still with me?) we are delighfuly now a couple :) she is currently trecking through California, visiting friends before she embarks on her final semester of law at the university of british colombia before returning home early January...

She's pretty awesome.

I just give adjectives, because to be honest, she cannot be encapsulated in a human adjective. God has done a wonderful thing (again, human adjectives...) in bringing our lives together... sigh. watch this space ;)

i hope you are happy. enough of the complaining now tim, I've updated.

14 Comments:

  • At 9:17 am, Blogger Sonya said…

    Hi Tim! So, now you have a Californian location on your sitemeter huh?

     
  • At 11:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good to see that you're using protection my friend. Safety first! I would never condone not using a seatbelt when in a car alone with a lady and taking pictures.

    Well done for setting such a good Christian example.

     
  • At 6:20 pm, Blogger Sonya said…

    And now...what about a Vancouver, British Columbia one, eh?

     
  • At 2:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is now sadly obvious that the only person you consider worth sharing your life with receives her updates via email, thus eliminating the necessity for any regular blog updates.

    Well thanks a bunch.

    Consider this the last time I stop by your poor excuse for a blog. Good luck Sonya!-you're going to need it with such an untrustworthy man as this.

     
  • At 2:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'd just like to respond to the previous post: Tim D is such a nice kind man, please dont be mean to him- he just works so hard everyday that he lacks the strength to update his blog.

    Please pray for his finger agility.

     
  • At 2:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How extraordinarily fortunate Tim H (if that really is your name) that you happen to be online at the same time as me. Even though last time was infact the 'last time'i was to ever visit this sad piece of crap, this is merely the comments page, and does not count as the actual blog.

    Tim D's finger agility has always been second to none. You Tim H are a dirty traitor and should burn for your poor excuses for your so-called 'friend'

    Die a sad and lonely death.

     
  • At 2:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Can i say a line too?

    Tim D, i support you. An 'ex' friend should just go read another blog if they dont like yours so much anymore.

    Go read another blog 'ex' friend.

     
  • At 2:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Tim D, I is support of you against such 'ex' best friend.

     
  • At 3:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My name is Ice-T and your blog is wack,
    Sounds like you been smoking some crack,
    Ain't no way you getting 'ex' friend back,
    If it was me then i'd lay the smack.

    Peace

     
  • At 3:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    'ex' friend, you're such meanie. Im so glad i have the boys like Ice and Boris and jacque to back me up.

    I wonder if we'll ever find out who the 'ex' best friend was.

     
  • At 11:37 am, Blogger Cam D said…

    wow. now I have recovered form reading that. big ups to Tim H and posse for a laugh a minute

     
  • At 11:39 am, Blogger Cam D said…

    ps I am seriously curious about this foo fighters essay. I have listened to those songs a lot and thought about them. you got a copy? I assume its history at this point?

     
  • At 10:51 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

  • At 11:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a great site Military aircraft relay radio

     

Post a Comment

<< Home